What's New in Backdraft 2.0
After Freeway 7 was released, we took a long hard look at Backdraft, what it was, and what it could be. Using FW7’s new features, we built what we believe is the easiest-to-use and most powerful version of Backdraft to date.
- Modern header. This is a simple header with a navigation menu on top that is fixed to the top of the browser window. This uses the CSS Menus action.
- Fixed header. This header is fixed to the top of the browser window, much like the one on softpress.com. This uses the CSS Menus action.
- Side-by-side header that places the navigation menu on the same line as the logo and title. This uses the CSS Menus action.
- Full-width wrapper. Now it's even easier to create window-width backgrounds!
- Backdraft now uses the Freeway’s new responsive functionality instead of hand-coded CSS wherever possible - thus making it much easier and quicker for you to customize and tweak the appearance at various breakpoints!
- The “alternate” modules have been rebuilt with simpler construction.
- All modules have been moved onto master pages. This will make your site’s publish faster and keep Backdraft HTML files and placeholder graphics from cluttering up your site folder.
- All the bugs!
- All graphics that need to be flexible width must now be imported as pass-through graphics! This is due to a technical limitation of Freeway 7. Read the full article here.
Go forth and make the web responsive!
Dude at OnRamp Web Design
Creator of Backdraft